Thursday, August 7, 2008

Making amends 15 years later

Sage wedding dress? or wine? Not sure which I should get, and can't decided if this is more formal than I want our wedding to be...

Also:
check out this insane facebook message I got today!

Subject: a (very) late apology

Abandoning Eden,

I know this is long overdue. I just wanted to apologize for the times in elementary school when I gave you a hard time and probably hurt you.

I hope you can chalk it up to immaturity and insensitivity, and forgive me.
I'm sorry.

[girl I haven't seen in 15 years]


Honestly, I pretty much have no memory of anything that happened in elementry school, but if I had to make a list of people I'd like an email like this from, this girl would definitely not be on it. Maybe it was so traumatic I forgot it? Lol...I don't even know how to respond to this. A surprising number of my friends keep bringing up AA and the 12 steps when I tell them about this. But since this girl is married with a kid and lives in israel, I doubt it. Although who knows, really...

7 comments:

  1. PLEASE (whoops, left the caps lock on) don't buy a wedding dress online! And don't buy it from an Australian ebayer. Go to a store. Try things on. Supposedly, when you try on the perfect dress, & see yourself in it, you'll know. I know brides want to get this settled early on in the planning process, but it shouldn't be rushed.
    Maybe you could do a pot-luck meal for the wedding - but if so, give your guests some direction, or else everyone may bring the same thing, like salads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ebayer is actually from the US and has lots of positive feedback...i think they are listing something in Australian dollars to try to sell to a larger market.

    I hate shopping in stores, I have no girlfriends who would go shopping with me (since they all moved out of philly..bastards), and I don't want to go somewhere where I will say the word "bride" and a bunch of people will start pushing big white dresses at me...I figure i can just get this and get it tailored if it doesn't fit properly. And I love this dress! Especially the red one!

    I emailed the seller about shipping costs and stuff, so we will see how that goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the 9 days... Maybe it's a Tisha B'Av thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I like the wine dress. The hint of white is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for her, man. That's a big thing to do, to make amends so many years later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah I just wish I could remember whatever she is talking about. I'm burning with curiosity now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you get a dress yet??? Jcrew has great dresses for not so much $$ and you can return them. I know they are less funky,but that is where your jewelry can come in;)I love this one and it is on sael for $139. http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/WomenBrowse/Women_Shop_By_Category/dresses/weddingsparties/PRDOVR~90744/90744.jsp

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are enabled for now