Thursday, April 30, 2009

I know why GM is failing!

I think I've cracked the case here- it's the horrible architecture of their building! This is the most poorly designed and confusing building I have ever been in- I wandered around for 45 minutes yesterday before I could find registration, and I have been walking in circles for 2 days because the architect put the escalators on the opposite side of the circle on each floor (so you have to walk around to the other side of the building to get up a level- every level).

So yeah, I think GM must be failing because no one can find their offices and do business with them. :)

It's also somewhat hilarious in a sad way to be here right now...they have signs up on the outside of their building that have all the companies that are owned by GM, and more than one of these businesses have been in the news lately because GM are getting rid of them (Pontiac for instance). They have all the 2010 model cars on the first floor of the building, and even though one or two are hybrids, the vast majority are cars that are probably not going to have a great market right now. Speaking of which, did anyone else catch Letterman last night and the guest who has designed an electric sports car that can run for something like 280 miles before needing to be recharged? Interesting stuff there...

Meanwhile, I have yet to see a single whore at my hotel, and I'm kind of disappointed about it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the lack of hookers at your hotel.
    Many years ago, my family and I stayed in a hotel in Hawaii that also rented to hookers. One night, for cheap entertainment, we sat in the lobby and counted how many customers each hooker took up to her room. We also speculated on how long certain customers would stay with her. One young drunk man surprised everyone, we thought he would be up there a while, but he only stayed 10 minutes or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commenters on tripadvisor etc. can write such nonsense about hotels :)

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are enabled for now