Friday, January 16, 2009

Music Trivia

The Led Zeppelin lyrics we are putting on our wedding rings are also (partially) in the lyrics to the Jimi Hendrix song "If 6 was 9", a song about marching to your own drum. And that fits us very well too. :)

Jimi Hendrix "If 6 was 9"

If the sun refused to shine
I don't mind, I don't mind
If the mountains fell in the sea
Let it be, it ain't me.

Got my own world to live through and
And I ain't gonna copy you.

Now if six turned out to be nine
I don't mind, I don't mind
If all the hippies cut off all their hair
I don't care, I don't care.

cause Ive got my own world to live through and
And I ain't gonna copy you.

White collar conservative flashin down the street
Pointin their plastic finger at me
They're hopin soon my kind will drop and die but
I'm gonna wave my freak flag high, high

Fall mountains, just don't fall on me
Go ahead on mister business man, you cant dress like me

Don't nobody know what I'm talkin about
I've got my own life to live
I'm the one thats gonna die when its time for me to die
So let me live my life the way I want to
Yeah, sing on brother, play on drummer

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to see your choice of songs. It does not get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments are enabled for now